Children who are being bullied are often too ashamed or scared to reach out for help, so it’s important to be aware of the warning signs:
- Missing or damaged belongings (e.g., clothing, books, electronics)
- Coming home from school hungry
- Sudden loss of friends or avoidance of social situations
- Low self-confidence
- Self-destructive behaviour such as running away from home or harming themselves
- Anxiety (click here for the signs of anxiety)
If you suspect that your child is being bullied, we can work with them individually, with parents, and provide consultation to the child’s school to help put an end to it. We will create an environment of safety for children to talk about what is happening. We will arm the child with assertiveness skills for dealing with bullies. We will increase their confidence and self-esteem so that they believe in themselves and know that they deserve better.