- How much is the service?
Answer: The total cost for these services is $900 and payment is expected in full at the end of your parent intake (first meeting).
There will be a $50 discount from the total cost of each child if 2 or more children get tested in the same family.
- Can we break down the receipt to all family members’ name?
Answer: Yes, we can. Receipts will automatically contain the names of your child and any parents who attended the intake/ debrief appointment.
A parent’s name that is added on the receipt needs to be actually present in the Parent Intake and/ or Parent Debrief session.
- How long is each testing?
Answer: The two child testing appointments are approximately 2 hours each
- How soon can we get in? What is the psychologist’s availability?
Answer: Right away! Psychologists are available 7 days a week. Kindly check with our office administrator for more details. Call 403-619-8558
- What preparations does my child require prior to the testing?
Answer: A good night sleep & nutritious breakfast. The Psychologist will further discuss preparations during the Parent Intake session.
- Do we need to bring snack for my child?
Answer: Yes, please bring nutritious finger food snacks (e.g. raisins, cheese, fish crackers, granola, etc.)
- Is the service covered by health benefits/ insurance?
Answer: Yes, most insurance companies and extended health programs cover psychological assessments. You would need to check with your provider to see how much you are covered and for how many sessions. At the first session you will pay for the assessment and will be issued a receipt that you can submit to your insurance company for possible reimbursement.
- My child takes medication for ADHD, does he need to take the medication prior the testing?
Answer: Yes, if it is working and helpful for the child. Please follow the usual routine. For any concerns, please discuss this with the psychologist at the Parent Intake session.
- What is the passing Full Scale Intelligence Quotient (FSIQ) to get in to Westmount?
Answer: FSIQ of 130 plus or minus 5 points
- How soon can we get the report?
Answer: The development of the psychological report takes 2-4 weeks. Once the report is ready, our office will contact you to set up a Parent Debrief appointment to debrief the test results and provide you with an explanation of the report which will be given to you.
- How do you approach the testing with a 4 year old? My son just turned 4 in mid August. He seems to be more interested in playing and being on his hands and knees as most 4 years old probably prefer.
Answer: We love kids and we create a warm and friendly environment. We approach every assessment by taking into consideration the child’s unique personality and needs (shy, playful, ESL). In order to provide the best environment for your child we can accommodate for many aspects ranging from pace of testing, toys and princess personas! Please don’t hesitate to bring any suggestions or concerns to our attention.
- How do most kids feel about the testing procedure?
Answer: 100% of the kids say they would love to come back. We make a HugE effort to make the assessment enjoyable.
- We are of the understanding that a WISC-V or WPPSI-IV needs to be completed after which we should receive 2 scores (GAI and FSIQ). Is that correct?
Answer: Yes, you will receive a letter containing both intelligence test results (FSIQ & GAI scores) that can be used in your Westmount Charter application. Included in the letter will be recommendations in support of child’s academic needs.
- We would like to get child-care for our two children during the parent intake appointment, is that possible?
Answer: Yes, to initiate the service, kindly provide at least 48 hours notice to the office administrator, and she will be more than happy to set it up for you. The rate is $25 per hour for 1-2 Children and $40 per hour for 3-4 Children.
- To confirm coverage and dollar amounts that may be paid by our insurance company, we require an estimate including the following information. Please let us know if you can provide an invoice with:
- completed claim form with estimate clearly indicated
- name and description of supply/service
- name of supplier/provider
- condition being treated
Answer: Yes, the office Administrator will be happy to provide you an invoice that contains:
- The names of your child and any parents who attended the intake/ debrief appointments
- Name of the psychologist with their registration number
- Name and description of the service.
- Total cost