Blended Family Workshops
Welcome to our Blended Families Workshop! Register now for a 2-Day or 6-Week interactive workshop for couples and individuals in stepfamily relationships. Spend 10 – 12 hours learning how stepfamilies are different from traditional families.
What are the takeaways – How will I benefit?
- Develop shared meanings for your new family
- Clarify expectations beforehand or afterwards
- Create a money plan for the household and yours, mine and our kids
- Understand best practices for step parenting
- Develop effective co-parenting skills across two households, yes, to use with the ex
- Learn to build on family strengths
Who should register:
Any parent or guardian who is parenting as part of a blended family or step family
Any couple who live at home with a child(ren) that biologically belongs to one and not the other
Children cannot attend at this time and no childcare is offered during workshops
2020 Workshop Dates Register Now!
April 17th & 18th,CANCELLED DUE TO CURRENT PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERNS
- August 14th & 15th, (Friday 6 – 8:30pm & Saturday 9am – 5pm)
- November 20th & 21st, (Friday 6 – 8:30pm & Saturday 9am – 5pm)
The design of the program incorporates didactic teaching, interactive handouts and quizzes, video segments, and hands-on activities. Best of all you hear from other couples!
1404 10 Street NW (Journey Counselling NW office). Free parking on-site and in the neighbourhood.
Cancellations 2 weeks before workshop start dates receive a full refund or can be transferred to another workshop space permitting. Less than two weeks before the start date a 50% refund will be provided. After the workshop start date, no refunds will be provided.
Fees for the workshops can be reimbursed from most healthcare plans that cover psychological services.
**$25 OFF FOR EXISTING CLIENTS **