Blended Family Workshops
Welcome to our Blended Families Workshop! Register now for a 6-week interactive workshop for couples and individuals in stepfamily relationships. Spend 2 hours over a 6-week period learning how stepfamilies are different from traditional families.
What are the takeaway’s – How will I benefit?
- Develop shared meanings for your new family
- Clarify expectations beforehand or afterwards
- Create a money plan for the household and yours, mine and our kids
- Understand best practices for step parenting
- Develop effective co-parenting skills across two households, yes, to use with the ex
- Learn to build on family strengths
Who should register:
Any parent or guardian who is parenting as part of a blended family or step family
Any couple who live at home with a child(ren) that biologically belongs to one and not the other
Children cannot attend at this time and no childcare is offered during workshops
2019 Workshop Dates (Wednesdays from 6:00pm to 8:00pm) Register Now!
Starting January 16th, Jan 23, Jan 30, Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 20.
Starting March 11th – Mondays for 6 weeks
- New 1.5Day Workshop – Friday 6pm – 8:30pm & Saturday 9am – 5pm April 12th & 13th
- Starting May 1st – Wednesdays for 6 weeks
The design of the program incorporates didactic teaching, interactive handouts and quizzes, video segments, and hands-on activities. Best of all you hear from other couples!
1404 10 Street NW (Journey Counselling NW office). Free parking on site and in the neighbourhood.
Cancellations 2 weeks before workshop start dates receive a full refund or can be transferred to another workshop space permitting. Less than two weeks before the start date a 50% refund will be provided. After the workshop start date no refunds will be provided.