Blended Family Workshops
Welcome to our Blended Families Workshop! Register now for a 2-Day or 6-Week interactive workshop for couples and individuals in stepfamily relationships. Spend 10 – 12 hours learning how stepfamilies are different from traditional families.
What are the takeaway’s – How will I benefit?
- Develop shared meanings for your new family
- Clarify expectations beforehand or afterwards
- Create a money plan for the household and yours, mine and our kids
- Understand best practices for step parenting
- Develop effective co-parenting skills across two households, yes, to use with the ex
- Learn to build on family strengths
Who should register:
Any parent or guardian who is parenting as part of a blended family or step family
Any couple who live at home with a child(ren) that biologically belongs to one and not the other
Children cannot attend at this time and no childcare is offered during workshops
2019 Workshop Dates Register Now!
Starting January 16th, Jan 23, Jan 30, Feb 6, Feb 13, Feb 20.
Starting March 11th – Mondays for 6 weeks New 1.5Day Workshop – Friday 6pm – 8:30pm & Saturday 9am – 5pm April 12th & 13th August 9th & 10th (Friday 6 – 8pm & Saturday 9am – 5pm)
- November 15th & 16th, (Friday 6 – 8pm & Saturday 9am – 5pm)
The design of the program incorporates didactic teaching, interactive handouts and quizzes, video segments, and hands-on activities. Best of all you hear from other couples!
1404 10 Street NW (Journey Counselling NW office). Free parking on site and in the neighbourhood.
Cancellations 2 weeks before workshop start dates receive a full refund or can be transferred to another workshop space permitting. Less than two weeks before the start date a 50% refund will be provided. After the workshop start date no refunds will be provided.